“Auntie Jane VS the Nine Fingers” has been longlisted in the short fiction category for the 2019 Sunburst Award, alongside many talented writers and their wonderful stories.
Short Story Fiction
- Senaa Ahmad, “The Glow-In-The-Dark Girls” [Strange Horizons, 15 Jan 2018]
- Madeline Ashby, “Domestic Violence” [Slate, 26 March 2018]
- Phedra Deonarine, “The Douen King of the Mangrove” [The Golden Key, 5 June 2018]
- Malon Edwards, “Candied Sweets, Cornbread, and Black-Eyed Peas” [Sword and Sonnet, Ate Bit Bear]
- Erin Evans, “The Hub” [Pulp Literature, Issue 20, Autumn 2018]
- Kate Heartfield, “A Threadbare Carpet” [Nevertheless, Tesseracts Twenty-One, Hades Publications]
- Chris Kuriata, “Auntie Jane VS The Nine Fingers” [Deciduous Tales Issue 2: Tales Darkness and Horror]
- Rich Larson, “Meat And Salt And Sparks” [Tor.com 6 June 2018]
- Matt Moore, “Only At The End Do You See What Follows” [It’s Not the End and Other Lies, Chizine Publications]
- Dominik Parisien, “The River Street Witch” [Alice Unbound, Exile Editions]
- Karl Schroeder, “The Ravine” [Toronto2033.com]
- Kate Story, “Martinis, My Dear, Are Dangerous” [Exile Quarterly, number 42.2]
- Amanda Sun, “The Travellers” [Shades Within Us, Laksa Media]
- Andrew Wilmot, “Lasciare Suonare” [Augur Magazine, number 1.1]
- A.C. Wise, “The Time Traveler’s Husband” [Shimmerzine #46, Nov 2018]
The short fiction jury this year are S.M. Beiko, David Demchuk, and Gemma Files.
The longlisted novel and young adult categories can be read here: http://sunburstaward.org/2019-longlist
“Auntie Jane VS the Nine Fingers” appears in issue #2 of Deciduous Tales, available for purchase here.